Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've been on vacation for 5 days, so I didn't get much done other than some more hexagons for my hexalong with Lynne at Lilysquilts.  Here is the whole big happy family.  I do believe that I will be adding in more solids and some hexagons that are just one fabric.

New members to the crazy family

I also finished the quilt top for my Summer Sampler Series and made a tutorial for my "Mitered Tiled Borders" as I'm calling them.  Here is the link for that tutorial.



Probably as you read this, it's either being basted or quilted....or maybe I'm just being ambitious?
So tell me, who's ready for school to start?!

And I'll leave you with the view from my sewing machine this afternoon.  

The only one who will not be going to school this year:
Peek-a-boo behind the sewing basket...and eating apple sauce on the same table I'm sewing on.  
I'm crazy, I know.

13 comments:

  1. Your hexies and your quilt top are both gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are beautiful...and applesauce washes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hexies are great, but I'm really taken with your summer sampler! Just lovely!! I'm soon to the quilting stage with mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Cindy said Apple sauce washers out, & if it means you both sew together I'm all for it, just think what quilts she will be making one day from watching you now???? Lovely bright ones like her mum. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Forgot to say how interesting the designs are in your fab Hexies. Some are very complicated. I'm working on one but it is now a WIP 18 months old???? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like your summer sampler quilt. Not usually a fan of samplers but I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Hexies and the sampler quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know about eating apple sauce at the sewing table but it's a very cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous boy, gorgeous quilt, love your hexies!
    Shaaryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! This is coming along!! Apple sauce at the computer table? Pah! I work with several cups of coffee on mine at any given time...the balance keeps me alert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you are a brave woman - those look at like a LOT of work. You did a fabulous job!

    I'm hosting a fabric giveaway over at my blog - swing by if you get a chance: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/08/fabric-love-21-fabric-giveaway-end-of.html

    -Q @ JAQS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your Summer Sampler is insanely fabulous! And I love your hexies. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete