Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's been a busy week here!

New school year, and new projects!

I would love for you all to read my blog post about what I'm trying to do for two foster children that my mother works with.  You can read it here and updated here.  We're trying to create two quilts for two sisters. Please check it out and see if you'd like to help out.  Thank you!

This is a block that I've made for one of the quilts for the sisters:
Block for foster kids.

You can see the other blocks here. They're easy to make and get put together quickly.

I've also started making my first block for the 3x6 bee block that I'm in on Flickr.
Here is my test design.


Practice block in my colors.


Other than that, so far this week, I finished my mom's quilt and she loved it! You can see it here.

Thanks for checking in and once again, PLEASE Read my CALL FOR HELP and see if you can join us!!! Again, the blocks and more information are here. 

Today I'm linking with Esther's BlogSew Happy Geek, Freshly Pieced, and Quiltstory - thanks for the link ups! You guys are awesome!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cool block! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3x6 block! What do you call it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea and effort. I applaud you for doing this, and it looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both blocks and I love what you doing for these girls. It is a wonderful feeling to help. When I lived in Georgia my quilt guild made quilts for the woman's shelter. We made over a 100 quilts in the 2years I was there. Please count me in. I will be setting up my flickr account today and I will send it to you then. Until then happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete