Thursday, October 27, 2011

Progress!!!!

Oh, I can't wait to show you the first quilt from the Quilting for Kids blocks. It's done...and soooo pretty!!!

There is no way that I could have gotten all of those beautiful fabrics together without so many ladies.

I will be posting soon about it, with pretty pictures.

I am going to be at a ladies' conference this weekend, so plan on checking it out next week sometime.

And.....here's a pic of my beautiful quilting gloves...

Yes, I use dishwashing gloves to quilt

I started using them on my first free motion quilt and was pleasantly surprised at how good they worked! But my hands do tend to get hot in there.

By the way, do you zig-zag stitch after you've sewn on your binding? I have found that this extra step that takes about 10 minutes, makes life soooo much easier when it's time to fold and sew the binding down.

Have a good weekend all!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting - can`t wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zig zag what exactly? I am very curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of zig zag on the binding-tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i sew the binding on and then go around the quilt and zig zag the edge just to keep it all together and then cut the excess batting and backing off. It gives the edge a little more stability when you are turning your binding over doesn't it. I started doing this because i felt that if my binding would ever come loose it would protect the edge of the quilt. looking forward to the finished pictures of your quilts.
    janita

    ReplyDelete