Monday, April 23, 2012

Productive Weekend

I had a very productive weekend. I went from a lot of blocks like this: Friday night sewing To piecing the quilt top. My husband was out of town on Friday night, so I had a lot longer to work on it. Friday Night Sewing I pieced the back and then basted it on Saturday. This was the first time I've pieced a back like this...improv piecing. It took a while to finish. The whole time I was making it I was thinking I probably won't do this again for a while. And now that it's done, I probably still won't do it again for a while, but I really like it. So, I guess we'll see. Quilting detail on back Then took the kids to the McD's with the indoor playground and then we watched The Lorax, since it was sooooo rainy here in South Florida. On Sunday I started quilting it. I used the yellow fabric as inspiration for the quilting design. Quilting detail on back I started from the center and worked my way out to each side, making a great big "t". Then I worked on each quadrant as shown in the picture. I really like the way it is turning out. I'm half way done...two more quadrants to go. I'll be done with it this week.
How about you? How was your weekend?
Sew Happy Geek

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be a stunner! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so clever. A wonderful variation on the plus quilt. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quilting diagram I'm going to have to give that a try. My weekend was FABULOUS and productive - thanks for askin'

    ReplyDelete