Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Goal and a New Quilt

Well, I'm moving to London, England in 6 short months.  And I've made a quilt for all my young nieces and nephews...the ones that have been born in the last few years.  But my goal for this year was to give my older nieces and nephews a quilt before I leave.

I took care of Grant, whose birthday was in December, with this camoflage quilt.

Next up is my oldest niece, Brooke.  Her birthday is 4 days after mine in February, and I'm happy to say I'm already done with her quilt!  (Only two more to go after her!)
Brooke's Quilt

Here it is.  She's going to be 15 this year.  I can't believe it.  I think this will suit her.  She told me she likes all these colors, but no yellow, which is funny because her room is yellow.



An upclose of the quilting...can't believe it didn't get that string off...

This is an up-close of the quilting. I did big flowers throughout the quilt. I like it. (Don't mind the string hanging off there...don't know how I missed that!)

Untitled

The back is one fabric I chose that I thought she would like. The colors in the pic are a little off, but it's really nice in person. I hope she likes it!

I had a lot of little triangles left over when I trimmed the blocks.  I made a baby quilt with them, you can check it out here.

I'll soon be sharing with you my newest nephew's quilt (See HERE) that will be on it's way to him soon. (He was born 12-12-12! How cool is that birthday?!) 

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the bright, fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!!

    And hello and welcome (in advance) to London! I live in London too so if you'd like a friendly face to meet for coffee and sewing and quilt talk - get in touch!! I'm part of the London Modern Quilt Guild too so definitely come to our meetings!! amycav at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome and I am sure she will love it! Good luck with your goal and good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous! What lucky nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt. The colors are wonderful and the flower quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving to London - wow!! This is a really nice quilt for your niece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt and the backing is great. Good luck with your move. I'm making all my nieces/nephews quilts also but as they turn 21 so i can keep track and give them in order. I have nine down and three to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt -- I sure hope she appreciates it!

    My Uncle turned 75 on 12-12-12!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt! And I know a 15 year old will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. London! My goodness! That is a very big move. And this is a very fabulous quilt. Perfect for a teenage girl! I love the quilted daisys.

    ReplyDelete