Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Which Layout?

I'm working on my next quilt. It's for my niece.

This is the design she likes and the colors she wanted. I have more than half of the blocks left to make but I keep playing with the ones that I have ready. Now I have to decide how I want to place the colors. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Untitled
In this layout, the same fabrics are placed across from each other.

Untitled

In this layout, the colors are placed randomly.

I don't know which one to go with. I like them both. Want to weigh in? I'd love it if you did...as long as you aren't offended if I don't choose your way!


 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Thursday Think Tank

12 comments:

  1. I usually lean towards random but the secondary diagonal pattern that starts to emerge when they are group is kind of interesting so I'm liking the first option a smidge better - have fun choosing, they are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its looking nice x I prefer the random pattern I think
    http://blog.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the random one but both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are nice, bur for me random is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one....it appears to flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first too. It reminds me of a Kaffe Fasset quilt I once saw in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will almost always choose random (and asymmetrical) ... but honestly? They are both great–I don't think there are any bad choices here. When I can't decide, I leave the blocks on the design wall one way and then the other and notice my reaction to them when I first enter the room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. go random! I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Random would be my choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It depends on how much your niece likes random! Matching the pieces gives a little more continuity -- just my opinion (I could change my mind tomorrow! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Random is always the best! Set them absolutely randomly and then change just a few ones. Thats how it always works the best! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete